To provide legal expertise and services within the Office and to MDAs, LGAs and other Public Institutions in matters related to Human Resources Management and Public Service Administration.
This Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Provide legal assistance to Divisions and Units on interpretation of laws, terms of contract, terms of agreements, procurement contracts, memorandum of understanding, consultancy agreements, and other legal documents;
- Provide legal assistance regarding laws, regulations, rules and other directives governing Public Service to MDAs, LGAs and other Public Institutions;
- Provide inputs in the preparation of proposed bills/Acts, subsidiary legislations (regulation, rules, orders etc) and liaise with the Attorney Generals Chambers;
- Prepare and monitor enforcement and review laws, regulations and rules governing Public Service in collaboration with the Attorney Generals Chambers;
- Prepare court cases/proceedings and legal opinion on Human Resources Management in liaison with the Attorney Generals Chambers;
- Make follow-up on cases in courts of law and courts’ decision in liaison with Attorney General’s Chambers and maintain and ensure safe custody of data base of court decisions; and
- Provide legal interpretation to Trade Unions and labour matters.
The Unit will be led by a Director.