Finance and Accounts Unit
To provide financial management and book-keeping services for the Office. The Unit will perform the following activities: -
Pre - Audit/Examination
- Scrutinize documentation to support vouchers, including authorization according to regulations;
- Scrutinize and maintain all payables;
- Carry out pre-audits to ensure adherence to the relevant Laws, regulations and circulars;
- Reply to all Audit queries raised;
- Scrutinization and verification of salary arrears computation and
- Safeguard resources of the Ministry through effective and efficient application of control techniques.
- Prepare and effect approved payments to relevant payees (employees and customers);
- Prepare payments for salaries including statutory deductions
- Submit voucher list to the Treasury;
- Imprest management;
- Submit withholding and other relevant taxes to Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA);
- Monitor liquidity position of the Ministry; and
- Maintain accounts of the Ministry in accordance with the prescribed rules and regulations.